View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Help me pick a stock for my finance interviews

Back after a self imposed break, I thought I would give my thoughts here. I can recommend a stock to you, however, my recommendations are based mainly in TA, and they are probably looking for something using fundamental analysis.

I do have a question for you. Why don't you have a stock? Why do you need to ask for a favourite stock? If this is the career you are looking to pursue, you should have at least FIVE stocks you are following right now. If not, then why are you pursuing sales and trading? Oh, because you hear they make a lot of money...yes they do, the ones that do their own homework, and have a deep and committed passion for this game and live sleep eat and breath stocks and trading all day long..I don't think you are doing that, and they will smell that a mile away. I've been down this road...I'll give you some advice..connections can get you in the door to the show, but if you don't have that commitment and passion, they won't hire you, because you will do poorly at it, and the guy that hires you will catch hell for hiring someone that is losing money for the firm...you will not get the job based on connections alone...you have to love the game and work at it, and it has to show...

THE HUN.