View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Extended Auto Warranty companies

[ QUOTE ]
Most third party policies are a total scam especially the ones who advertise on the internet or through email.

Just like rental car insurance they sell you something for 10x what it's actually worth.

Have you ever fallen for the rental car gas scam?

Pre-buy a full tank of gas and return it empty. What they don't tell you, unless you ask, is that you're buying a full tank of gas, even if you only use one gallon.

Okay, back to third party extended warranty compaines,

Even if the third party warranty company follows through, you've probably paid a lot more than it's worth.

I will concede that there might be a few good ones, but in general, most are scams.

You even said that there is a certain hit rate that you're aiming for. That's pure scam talk.

It's not that people are lazy, it's just that they're too trusting, and that is what scam artists depend on.

Avoid third party warranty companies unless you have the time and the means to verify their integrity.

In terms of an investment, it will probably be profitable for you.

Just remember that a lot of scam artists eventually end up in jail, even if they didn't know they were scamming people.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, you dont really know what you are talking about, I have no doubt we heve a plan that does the exact same as a dealers plan for a lot less money. The companies that take care of the claims etc, are basically the same type of entity between us and a dealer. Saying there is a "certain hit rate" is scam talk is laughable, from now on do not comment on subjects you are completely oblivious on, since it is obvious you have never been in sales before. Avoid third party warranty companies unless you have the time and the means to verify their integrity---this is VERY true, but I would add that you want to do the research also to save a bunch of money.