View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: NLTRN $11: facing donkbet on A-high flop with KK

What I don't understand about minraising is that it doesn't fold out anything we beat. We also seem a little too weak to be raising the flop for value here. It might fold out second pair, which we probably wanted to let bluff again on the turn.

My thought was that if we minraise, second pair will probably call (and so will an ace of course). Now we're in a tough spot on the turn since we don't know whether or not we should bet, since our opponent could still have an ace or second pair. If we check behind, an ace is probably going to lead the river and second pair is probably going to see a showdown, unless we risk a lot of chips.

The only away to avoid this awkward river is with a turn bet, but with the pot as big as it is, it will need to be a big turn bet, which could cost us a lot of chips against the ace.

Now there is a chance (maybe it's even very high), that our opponent is donking the flop w/ air, but we probably don't want to raise the flop in that case, as they might give us a few more chips if we just call.

EDIT: This is just why I wouldn't suggest minraising. But, I'm curious to hear more about why minraising here is good.