View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Zeejustin playing on bodog

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder the specifics of the deal? Is ZJ that well known?
I don't understand why bodog would give him much money. Does he have to play on Bodog as a Pro, go to events? just wear their clothes?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a really clever move by Bodog provided you accept the notion "all publicity is good publicity".

As has been noted, Cardplayer et al covered him in the past with the multiaccounting and this has led to lots of coverage in their various tourney reports.

Its also safe to assume he is a very good tourney player. Anyone who says otherwise is either naive or deluded.

But at the same time, he hasnt remotely peaked - he is playing the full circuit and sooner or later he will pick up a win on a televised final table, with a few televised final tables along the way.

Because Bodog has gotton in there on the ground floor - couple with Stars and others unwillingness to associate themselves with him - his deal is likely very low relative to his skill and potential - probably with a long tie in period and most of his earning coming from performance related pay.

As someone else in the thread said, if i had clout as part of a smaller site like Bodog, id have his name at the bottom of a contract as soon as he started on the circuit.

Finally, as Taylor has shown, many are willing to forgive and forget what Justin did when he was just a kid - he didnt physically hurt anyone, he wasnt convicted of dealing drugs (like Matusow) and as we've seen bigger names than him have admitted to cheating (see David Sklansky). You guys really need to get past this, everyone else has.