View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 07:47 PM

Default WSOP Bragging Rights

I’ve always wondered what it would be like to enter the WSOP. I was in Las Vegas this past June and had the opportunity to witness Johnny Chang being eliminated. The whole WSOP atmosphere was mind blowing, which got me thinking. How would a poker aficionado with limited live experience get him or herself into the tourney?

As an aspiring screenwriter, I find myself caught in a WGA strike which might last for a long time. I’ve come up with an idea which might be a bit stupid but why the hell not. I have about $5000 that I’ve put aside as my bankroll (I’ve been meaning to pay Commerce a visit but still haven’t gotten to it yet.) What if I go to Las Vegas next month, rent an apt for three to six months, get a temp job (I temp in LA too), and use my BR to play both cash games and cheap tourneys in hopes of building the $10,000 entry fee. This is strictly for bragging rights and who knows, I might pull a Jaime Gold [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

What do you guys think? Too ambitious for your taste? Doable maybe? Any tips for this dreamer? Lets hear it. Remember, this is not a “I’m moving to Las Vegas to become a pro post.”

Thanks