View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: 20/180 Play along. Pair and flush draw on flop facing lots of action

[ QUOTE ]
Nice to have Nez back.

What's worse, betting and being flat-called or checking and it checking around to a turn when we miss, or for that matter when we don't?

Also, I don't think in a 20/180 we get flat-called very often by TP here because of the draws. We do get called by hands that fold to a second barrel.

That said, it's very easy to fire two barrels into some bastard that won't fold J9 on a blank turn, put him on that hand and then shove the rest in, to no good effect, on a blank river.

As I say, I don't mind a check but readless, I'd rather get chips in the middle and worry about being flatted when it happens. The next blind level is a pain in the arse with a 3k stack but not much less so with a 2.3k stack so I'd rather take some chances now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Registrar

Your comment about the blind structure made me realize how true that was in these 20/180's

I'm not by any means saying that betting out is a horrible move.. hell, it's my default in this situation

But thinking about it I want to know if it's right... based on the % of time that we receive action from our villian(s) and actions based on cards to come, etc.

Because without reads this is a logic/math question really I just don't know how to go about it