View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Are there enough NYC poker players who care to...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You mentioned D'Amato before, he wouldn't be on our side if he wasn't being paid big dollars to do so; thats just so sad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am no fan of Al D'Amato. He was corrupt from the gitgo and I never voted for him. But I doubt very much that he is in this for the money. He is an avid poker player - who happens to be very politically connected. If anything, he misses the limelight and the power and control. As much as I detest Republican politicians I say use him! His nickname was "Senator Pothole" because of his ability to get little things done for his constituents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait till you see how much he is being paid to work for the PPA as a lobbyist, he is in it for the money all the way. The PPA can hurt his other business, this now associates him with Rick Abramoff - not something that is wise for a politician, but absolutely fine if your taking home a fat paycheck. This is not a surprise to people who have been critical of the PPA in the legislation forum, its possibly a very corrupt organization, go check out the excellent threads by BluffThis to learn more! When the PPA releases it's tax returns we will learn at that time.