View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 12:11 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]

if you could make an awesome starter by first having him be a terrible closer, lots more teams would do that

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly think that's the best plan for him. I wasn't too happy when we signed him and Foulke. Word on the street is the Indians are getting Linebrink to be cour closer for next year. We'll see how that goes.

[ QUOTE ]
but, you need to count Borowski, since he is pitching important innings. Also, the Red Sox have 3 great relievers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but one of your good relievers is Papelbon. Borowski is an average closer (yes, I know he sucks, but you don't save 40+games being completely terrible, thus average is as good as he will get). And I don't think Eric Wedge will let Borowski blow more than one save this series. Asid from Betancourt, Perez, and Fultz, the Indians have Lewis. So I don't think it's decisive, but I think Cleveland has a slight edge.

[ QUOTE ]
they made 2 starts against the Red Sox this year. they were both excellent starts. each team won 1 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me restate - I don't see how the Indians can start CC and Carmona twice and not win all four games. I don't see how the Red Sox can start Beckett and Schilling twice and not win all four games. Something's got to give.

[ QUOTE ]
Westbrook DERA: 4.35
Byrd DERA: 4.70

Dice-K DERA: 4.23
Wakefield DERA: 4.76 (Lester is 4.26)

it's very close, if anything BOS gets the edge

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is very close. I'm an Indians fan, so I shade any doubtful matchups towards the Tribe. Also, I was thinking more of Dice-K and Wakefield vs. the Indians and Byrd and Westbrook vs. The Red Sox. Still close, and we're probably both bias.

-AA