View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Scared of the IRS

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, how hard is it to write down the following?

1. Start time
2. End time
3. Amount won/lost
4. Date

And there's plenty of programs that can do the math for you (scary 'ol addition/subtraction)...e.g. Excel.

Don't blame the government for your laziness. The tax law has been there a lot longer than you've been playing poker. Ignorance of it is no excuse and never has been.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its extremely difficult if you don't know you have to. And when you play multiple tables or multiple sites and are in and out, or play many many heads up tournaments and on and on, well, you can see that you would have mountains and mountains of paperwork. If I had known all this I probably would have just not bothered as I will do now.

Let me ask you? Are you a professional Poker player? If so, then I suppose you had the advantage of knowing what you needed to do. Does the fault ultimately end with me for not doing all the research necessary before sitting down to play poker..............I am all for taking responsibility but I find it hard to on this one. Its like buying a warranty and when you needed it they say, you should have read the fine print. No hobby gamblers ever read the fine print.