View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:39 AM

Default i\'m doing this more and more

online 6 max

i open with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the CO, folds to the TAGLAGgy(28/15/3.2) bb who calls.

Flop(4.5sb): J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, check.

i'm usually calling down.

this is mostly a randomization decision. you should know i'm betting this flop a good amount of the time with my range as well. this is important for you to know. so here's what this post is really about.

a)what is your/my(the same for our purposes) range in this spot?

b)say i bet my "made" range x% of the time and check my "missed" range y% of the time. according to game theory against an unknown opponent, i want these frequencies to come as close to providing 0 ev for our opponent's flop decision as possible.

but we know a bit about our opponent here. let's try to exploit him(while simultaneously avoid exploitation as much as possible) by adjusting our actions for each leg of our range. what is the optimum frequency for each flop action(betting made/betting bluffs:checking made/checking bluffs) to keep our opponent from exploiting our strategy more than we are exploiting his?