View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:53 AM

Default Re: My GF\'s parents are scumbags thus far (Fin. Aid)

It is definitely for next fall. Priority filing is in March, so she has a couple months. She is not 21 until February.

I should note that her parents are being scumbags about this. They kind of are about a few things. It is definitely a rocky household sometimes...

While some of it may be privacy reasons...it is most likely just them being tools mostly...

She won't be able to declare for independent until the following year but she plans to after that.

It is Illinois State University...why does the state school thing matter TDB?

I thank you guys so far...hopefully I can gather more insight before eventually going with her to the financial aid reps here.

Also, I really don't get what a person is supposed to do in this situation. If your parents refuse to fund your education (which I have serious problems with if the offspring is serious about schooling) but are rich, how do they expect these people to go to school without taking a year or two off?

My old boss said something about some law that you can like FORCE your parents to pay for your schooling if they are determined to be able to afford it. He is a really smart guy, my old boss, so I took it seriously...but it seems unrealistic. Anyone know about that?