View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 07:54 PM

Default My GF\'s parents are scumbags thus far (Fin. Aid)

So I tried briefly researching this on FAFSA, but apparantly they don't consider parents to be scumbags frequently enough to post it anywhere I saw....

My girlfriend currently is finishing up her last semester at a JuCo for an Associates Degree. She wants to go to a university starting next fall but does not have the money to do so as of now. She is willing to get loans....However...

Her parents are thus far refusing to give her any of their financial income information to do the applications. They make really good money so she probably won't get FAFSA, but she still needs this info for potential loans. She lives with them, is a dependent of them, and yet they are being total scumbags.

What is her play here? I'm guessing that the first thing is to talk to the school's financial aid office for help. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this pathetic situation....

She really needs to get out from under their thumb because they are pretty much terrible parents....Seriously, who refuses to give their kid a chance at a student loan and what not....

I'm aware this is slightly gapped in explanation so I can answer other stuff...but I'm looking for guidance from you guys.