View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 03:21 AM

Default Hiring a personal assistant. HELP

So I half-jokingly batted this idea around for a few months with my buddies until I was finally approached by a dear friend who asked me to do her a favor and hire her friend and soon-to-be roommate so she could get her off her back. Her roommate seems very receptive to the idea of working for me and smiled at me yesterday. The more and more I thought about it, the more and more hiring a personal assistant makes me laugh and grin at the same time. Even if she can free up an extra hour per day, and I use this extra hour to play drinking games just 25% of the time, it still makes a lot of sense on paper.

So basically, here's the setup.

- I plan on paying her cash (completely off the books)..she sets her own hours, 5-10 hours per week.
- She will do honest to God bitch work for me...laundry, dishes, errands, etc.
- It is unavoidable for me to not see her socially.
- She has impeccable references...I can trust her, and I can feel confident that she will be able to handle anything I throw at her.

So I need some serious advice on this subject. It makes so much sense on paper, but I'm worried about some of the obvious pitfalls of more or less hiring a well-paid slave, especially one who will be hanging out with me and my friends.

Oh yes....other essential info

1. Yes, she is above-average hotness
2. No, I will not be able to tap that in the foreseeable future.