View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Review one whiskey

I just ran across a bottle of this in a specialty liquor store near me. They only had one, and I have friends coming over for a game tonight, so I decided to snag it for $59.99.

First off, the bottle itself is really cool. It has a unique teardrop shape and a old-fashioned looking cap that for some reason reminds me of a pirate ship. And it rocks forward and back on its base ever so slightly - nice touch.

So of course I just had to open it right away, and I am sipping on my first glass as I write. I added a spash of cold water to the glass, since that is how I have been enjoying all my whiskey lately. The nose reminds me almost exactly of Johnnie Walker Green; I am not familiar with the blends but I wouldn't be surprised if they shared a couple - it has a very deep smoky/sweet smell to it. Upon first sip, I breathed in through my nose and held it in for a count of 7. It was smooth and sweet and didn't really burn. It doesn't taste as much as JWG as it smelled; it's much more subtle. But it does taste a little spicy to me - I almost want to say it's peppery. The finish is long and just a bit smoky. It's definitely good stuff, I would have no problem recommending it for the price.

I'll come back with more if anyone has any other comments on it tonight.