View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Response to Sklansky\'s article \"Chips Changing Value in Tournament

I can't address the math and stats everyone's tossing around but as a player who's progressing I'd like to put things in perspective for any semi-noobs like me.

HFAP was the first poker book I ever bought and I've since purchased several more 2+2 books, including everything by Harrington.

Every one of those 2+2 books advanced my game.

But I was stuck. I rarely cashed in tourneys or MT SNGs and wasn't progressing at all.

Snyder's book changed all that. I recognized myself in one chapter (a classic wuss) and finally, finally understood position.

I credit what success I'm having now, albeit at very low levels, to the S&M, Harrington, and Snyder books. I could give a big rat's behind about the math behind it.

Frankly, this whole thing started off, in another thread, as a rather civil discussion/disagreement. Unfortunately, it went downhill fast.

Whatever the math, how about someone step up and try to bring some civility back to this disagreement?

If you want to call each other morons while debating the math, why don't you just IM each other for God's sake? Jeez.

Brann