View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:21 AM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

Can I change the topic for a minute? I'm having work problems.

I'm dreading going into work today. There's this guy who is giving me a hard time. He's decided to comment on everything I say, even my tone of voice. I could make a comment on the donuts and he lashes out at me. It's become bizarre. Once he told me he was going to punch me in the face if I didn't sit back down in my seat. It was truly out in left field seeing as how he is my friend. We were never enemies.

Friday he scolded me in front of all our coworkers for my "attitude". It was the most frustrating situation because he butted in where he wasn't needed and then had the nerve to comment on my tone of voice with another manager. He was serious too. I was like "are you kidding?" He goes "no I am not kidding."

I mean up until Friday this guy was my friend. Everyone comments on how well he and I work together. We've gone out socially and even been to each other's homes. We've been paired up to work evenings together because we get along so great. He tried to make up for his poor behavior late in the day but I was pretty depressed about it. Why would a guy who is 8 years younger than me become increasingly aggressive?

Btw, he's extremely obnoxious to his wife. He's almost a bully. Personally I can't stand to listen to him on the phone. It makes me cringe.

Any advice on how to handle a coworker like this? Talking to him about it makes him go all red in the face.