View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: plo8 and nlo8 pokertracker

1) you have to put parameters on the discussion such as fr, sh, hu, etc. ditto with how often you'll sit in marginal ev situations in order to start a game that will end up very much +ev.

2) (to MattS) the nature of the game changes from 200+ imho. if you can adapt, i think you can make similar numbers. if you do, you'll be one of the better players in the game (5-10 seems "good" as thestation said).

3) for those earning one or two ptbbs per 100 at lower levels, i'd adjust my game before i'd move up... or at least understand why your earn is so low. fwiw, a lot of higher stakes players don't do well when they're forced to play lower (for whatever reason). the hardest thing i ever did was play a mix of 100 and 200 plo8 games -- the styles required to play well were quite different.

4) be careful about referring to dave's stats. he plays A LOT of sh poker. he plays (sometimes) A LOT of tables. he pushes A LOT of marginal hands. i don't know the gross details of dave's stats, but i guess he sacrifices some quality of his game selection and game strategy (and therefore bb/100) in order to increase his hourly earn (esp. if you include rakeback). if he played four tables and could maintain focus, i think his bb/100 would be much higher (just a guess).