View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Poker & Your Girlfriend

geez, make your own god damn choices and when your partner do not respect it, find a compromise.
Do you really think people have a problem against gambling?(our kid, where we have a REAL edge and can beat the game with effort and commitment) Of course not, its an emotional issue ....i hear guys telling me their gf dont want them to play; well thats not her god damn business, if she wants to spend more time with you and thats the issue...WELL THATS THE ISSUE
if she has a irrational fear of gambling well thats her problem and how the hell can you guys accept their moany attitude.
YOU ACCEPT WHATEVER TREATMENT PEOPLE GIVE TO YOU
make your choices there, if she gives you [censored], dont accept it, if shes not happy because your playing poker well geez she has to make choices. If your unhappy because of what the relationship became cuz of poker and you associate to much pain and not enough pleasure to finding a compromise well weight both ends : Her, Or poker????? theres a zillion other women out there

Dont give me shiet that OMG your situation is complicated and its hard and that i wouldnt understand.... BSSSSS you have the brains and the intellect to solve this problem and make it a win win deal for you and your gf. you just have to DECIDE( deciding means cutting any other possible scenario) to deal with it and commit to it. TOOO HAAAARDDD???? well thenyou are not a men
or your physically stupid from birth
or you have some condition that makes you an incapable failure

but if thats the case then whinning about it wont help...in fact, its COUNTER PRODUCTIVE - human beings only have a limited consciousness/unconsciousness that can only acquire a limited set of information at any time, as soon as you start focusing on your problem to Not deal with them and NOT NOT NOT find a solution ,then this is all your going to focus on, you wont be able to focus on finding the solution, or how to get an emotional boost to your feeling of helplessness

Personaly my gf calls me to see i go Hey ! you can see me but im doing a session right now, She goes: GReat ! ill sit next to you and read a book until your done....

Even in bed ! i can go " honey i need to sleep i got a session tomorow" and shell go " ok goodnight "

i totally respect and support her in any and all of the projects that are important for her and i expect the same exact same thing from her : its call unconditional love/acceptance - and in my head thats not a luxury : its a condition to be with me
even if ive never told her she knows damn well that this is the case.

THIS, ALL THIS, is tough love...why? cuz theres not a single guy out there that cannot find a solution to their problem that will leave them having a better life, not a single one of you
and the skills you learn from dealing with this will help you deal with a miriad of lifes range of problems and boost your overall EV

P.S. Superbad is a hell of a funny movie if your a dumbass kid like me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]