View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 01:17 PM

Default 2 questions - one about collusion the other about a definition

I was at a sng this past weekend, and it was down to 4 people (3 get paid, 4th is the bubble). One guy was very shortstacked, and had just enough to make his bb/ante. Everyone entered the pot. I assumed we were all gonna check it down unless someone flopped big. Flop comes, and sb goes all in. He wasn't shortstacked, and had me covered. I had aj os, didn't connect and folded. I know you aren't supposed to speak about checking down the all in player during the hand, but when this guy went to bet the big stack went off on him.

He basically was like "what are you doing pal? this guy is all in?". Anyway, sb bets, we both fold, all in guy wins with king high. SB had nothing, I would have won with the ace and we would have all gotten in the money. So, after this hand, big stack starts explaining about how you check it down with an all in player, etc. etc. Small stack is pissed, says if someone doesn't know you can't explain it during the game, its collusion. Big stack says you can't explain it during a hand, not the game. Which is true?

Also, I don't understand what "open" the pot means. I know it means the first one in, but when someone says for ex. utg opens, does that mean he bet or just called the blind?