View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Gap Trading & Investing Forums

[ QUOTE ]
My brother, a senior at West Point, has asked me if I want to help him do gap trading with Dow futures. Each West Point student receives $30,000 their junior year to spend as they like. However, the firewalls on the WP network don't allow the software (Tradestation) needed to do the gap trading, so that's where I come in.

Despite graduating college in May with a double Accounting & Finance degree, I don't have any trading experience, let alone trading gaps.

I've subscribed to a two-week subscription to TradeTheMarkets.com, but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience trading gaps.

More generally, I was also wondering if anyone knows of any good investing forums that I could browse for advice. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, my girlfriend's brother graduated from west point this year. i went to the graduation and am very good friends with him.

no west point student gets $30k from the government their junior year.

they get room and board paid for by the govt in addition to their entire 4 year education. for that, they owe 5 years of service to the govt.

my gf's brother is now stationed in texas.

whatever your friend told you about "getting 30k" is absolutely ridiculously false. do you really think the govt just hands out that kind of money to college kids that they are already completely paying for their education?

they get a certain amt of money to live and what not for room/board/food etc., but noway do they get a lump sum payment of $30k in their junior year.

Barron