View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: SYTYCD Questions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It appears the partnerships are fixed. Are they ever reshuffled?

Tonight they eliminated an entire partnership one dancer at a time. Suppose it had been otherwise. Would the two orphaned dancers become partners?

How do they reach one winner? Does the partnership system stop at some point?

Why are people insisting a woman cannot win? What is going to happen to put the women at a decisive disadvantage?

Do hip-hoppers and other solo dancing styles have an insoluble problem? How can they compete effectively with no prior experience dancing closely with a partner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, typically the two persons eliminated are not partners, and the individuals whose partners are eliminated become partners the next week (and going forward). These partnerships last several weeks, but eventually they are disbanded (maybe at top 10 or 8 or so; can't remember exactly). At that point, each gets a randomly assigned partner for each week going forward (which occasionally, by luck of the draw, involves a reunion with their old partner). IIRC, by final 4 time, each contestant does a routine with each of the remaining 3 - even the dancer of the same sex.

And yes, the one-trick ponies tend to be at a disadvantage in this thing. You don't see the hip-hop/break dancer types going very far usually, for precisely the reason you stated above.

Now if only some books would give us some wagering options, maybe we could all make some money on this thing!

[/ QUOTE ]

good info.

so, in reality i guess a single individual could dance with a completely different partner every single week until the next random assignments.

[ QUOTE ]
Now if only some books would give us some wagering options, maybe we could all make some money on this thing!

[/ QUOTE ]

does anyone know anyone @ bodog? i know nobody there.

what other sites, other than wsex, offer entertainment props to americans?

i'm happy to start emailing a new site if bodog does not get with it. this show is live. no reason they can't offer contracts or odds on each individual.

matter of fact, i'll point bodog to this thread now via email.