Thread: A6s RR HU
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: A6s RR HU

[ QUOTE ]
What do people think about checking, and if we do check how big of a bet do we call. Assuming we call and we make our flush do you go for a c/r or a donkbet on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

check/call sucks b/c i guess you can call 80 or so, but on the river i think you have to donk out if you hit it because a tight hu player likely isn't going to be value betting the river with a random Q when the flush comes. if you check turn it has to be with the intention to c/r.

i'd definitely throw another barrel out there because it's tough for him to call with a J, he never raises w/out a boat, and it allows you to get more value on the river if you hit it. c/r would be good vs. someone more aggressive, but vs. this guy i don't like it because he's checking back Qs and Js a lot in which case we need to hit a spade to win the pot.

edit: villain checking back Qs and Js is good in that we get a free card, but betting drives out Js, and him calling turn with a Q isn't a huge disaster because if we hit a spade it's easy to make up the cost of the turn bet.