View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Queens getting squeezed after A-high flop?

yeah, i would raise the turn. i don't want JT getting a cheap ride trying to outdraw us in this big pot. they can't all have pp's and if we get 3bet we are usually toast(unless it's UTG that 3bets).

as played, i like your flop action. first thougth was "bet the flop please", but after looking more closely at your reads and the action i can see why you didn't.

regardless of what they hold, anyone with as little as 2 outs is correct to call a small bet. some decent chunk of the time you're stepping right into a checkraise from UTG( or UTG1) and given a)UTG is a retard and b)the flush draw is out you really don't know for sure a better hand is c/r you. HJ is looks like a worse pp. sb might have a KQ/QJ/JT-type hand or pp. all of these hands are peeling if you bet.

on the other hand, checking the flop is going to enable you to maximize the value of your position and see how the action unfolds before you make a decision. also, because people get out of line less often on the big streets you should solicit more honest reactions on the turn.