View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Apathy or unquenched desire?

[ QUOTE ]
I mean we've gone over this before...does having a big stack outweigh the negatives of making -EV plays to get there? So far I haven't seen any evidence in favor of that argument.

[/ QUOTE ]
didn't Matt Matros write up an article a while back and do some math demonstrating that you should get your stack in as a 46/54 dog right away if you can, because you simply aren't going to get enough opportunities further on to acquire those chips? (i.e. if you play out the tournament like you normally would, you will double up less than 46% of the time, not to mention factoring in the chips you missed out on accumulating because you didn't have the stack to threaten other people with their zomgtournamentlife.)

I'm saying that people lose sight of what they need to do to win the tournament and just sort of coast along on autopilot until they get a big hand. They don't adjust for individual opponents and they don't recognize when they should try to play a big pot and when they shouldn't. They think their big hands are enough to get them through and they don't go after enough of the other pots.