View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Apathy or unquenched desire?

Alright I don't really see what you are getting at...which tourneys does this apply to? Which blind level (antes or non)? It just seems like you are talking about the basic concept of semibluffing...which doesn't come up a lot when its push/fold poker preflop. Honestly I can't draw a single thing that would aid me in the 100r, for example, from your above post.

Which people do you notice this attitude in? Which situations are people passing up marginal hands? Is it late position opens? Is it defending the blinds? How do we see these draws when people are playing push/fold poker preflop?

And i'm still a bit confused about this statement.

[ QUOTE ]
Meanwhile they sit back and criticize people they think of as clowns without even stopping to think that maybe they're doing something that, if not technically IMMEDIATELY +EV PERFECT POKER ZOMG, DOES in fact help them win TOURNAMENTS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean we've gone over this before...does having a big stack outweigh the negatives of making -EV plays to get there? So far I haven't seen any evidence in favor of that argument. If your semibluffs are +EV, they are +EV in some part due to the fold equity. Obviously if you are making a lot of -EV plays in the name of playing big pots, you will accumulate big stacks, and win some tournaments.

But just because this style of play "DOES in fact help you win TOURNAMENTS", presumably referring to individual tournaments, doesn't mean its a winning strategy in the long run. Without statistics, you are just ranting imo.