View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Basic Sit \'n Go Questions Answered Here

Question about turbo reads -

If we are on a site that doesn't allow HUDs, what should we be looking out for primarily in terms on reads. I try and keep track of how many hands a player is playing, and how aggressively they play them (Well I don't try, it's second nature.) I also obviously notice if someone shows down J2o in a raised pot etc...

The problem is, in a turbo, you change through the stages of a tourney, and stacks are shifting around so fast that it's hard to know how reliable a particular aspect of my read is etc.

Do you have any general rules of thumb in this regard? Are there certain types of things to look out for that are more reliable, or more likely to be indivative of how a player is going to play through the whole tourney etc.

Just a couple of examples to clarify.

EG1. 1st hand of tourney UTG raises to 3XBB, 1 caller to the C/O who calls. He shows down trash. But he may not be playing so loose in level 3/4 as the blinds are much higher in comparison to his stack.

EH2. Player has folded all but 1 hand in first 4 levels which he never showed down. In levels 5/6 he starts by raising 3 out of the first 10 pots. (Obviously I would tag him as likely a good player at this point.) Now his VPIP is still low, how much credibility do we give his next raise?

TY.