View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Massive Turnover in Caesars Palace Staff?

When I was in Vegas for the WSOP I played at Caesar's a couple times and one of the floorpeople (I forget his name - , maybe?) was really exceptional at his job - 6 of us came in drunk and asked if they'd start a $4/$8 HORSE game for us and he got a table up right away. A few nights later after the SSNL dinner he helped us start up 3 tables for all of us to donk around in a HORSE game (*TT* participated, and Mason Malmuth later stopped by and laid a brutal badugi cooler on me despite never having played the game before) which later turned into dealer's choice and a lot of hilarious variants - just like a home game basically, was a huge blast.

I was playing 2/5 at MGM towards the end of my trip and he sat down next to me - I started talking to him and he said he'd actually just quit at Caesar's because the management sucks. Stuff about how he was trying to help out the players as much as possible (which I def believe, cause he was awesome) but all the room cared about was the bottom line.

He said he was going to work at Venetian after that.

name edited out by *TT* to protect the innocent, we know that Harrah's corporate management read 2+2 on occasion