View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Considering a Table Purchase

I would like to offer my opinion that speed cloth is a surface the I and most of my poker friends find the most pleasing.

I don't know about the rest of you, but even with fairly short fingernails, when I shuffle chips on a felt type cloth I just pick up grit under them.

Here are some other random opinions:

1. I have always preferred having no drink holders and either using side tables or at the very least, using the portable drink holders that you can secure by pushing under the railing (then my drink is part of my stack, lol).

2. I have been to a home game with a beatiful looking table that I absolutely hated playing on. It was one of those tables where there was a nice padded railing, then there was a ring of wood inlay (sometimes with drink holders) and then the cloth. It sucked for chip shuffling because the cloth was so far away and also for looking at your cards.

3. I think the height of the table in relation to the chairs is a factor as well. I don't know what's ideal but I have experienced quite a variety of ratios from belly button to mid chest. Just a thought, it might be standard but who knows.

Edit: My favourite style is the one in the Gallery first row third picture maybe with some different graphics. The one that I think sucks is first row, fourth picture.