View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 08:37 AM

Default Re: My Christianity: Free Will

[ QUOTE ]
" I know with certainty what program my wife chose to watch last night - yet it was a free choice. "

Thats because it was in the past. So to reconcile it you need a creator that establishes physical laws that it lives outside of....a creator that has provided no more evidence of its existence than the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Impossible to disprove, granted...so are unicorns and parallel universes. That doesnt make belief in them rational. I understand that you do not claim rationality, but agree its strictly faith based. Mempho apparently doesnt, trying to establish a logical framework for God that simply doesnt exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you should consider this for a moment. Do pocket card cameras change the outcome of a poker tournament? The answer is yes because most, if not all, of the participants change their play to adjust for the cameras.

(In theism, this is a given. Almost all people modify their actions when being watched by others while some modify their actions with the "awareness" that God is watching.)

While the outcome is changed, however, that does not mean that the game was interfered with. It does not mean that the game was not within the rules of the game. I've never heard of anybody saying that ESPN's camera team is actively changing the outcome of the game. Could they? Unquestionably. Do they? I can't answer that with certainty but I feel fairly safe in saying no.

Even further, most of you here have played online poker seriously for some length of time. Since the ability to access knowledge that could effect the game exists somewhere, maybe on a server in Costa Rica, and the provider has the ability to access that information at any time, why would you want to even play? Many people trust that the operator of the site either chooses not to access that knowledge at a given time or that, even if he does access that knowledge, that he does not use it to affect the outcome.