View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 06:03 PM

Default Re: $10/$20 LO8 hand from EP

[ QUOTE ]
on another note, i've been opening from the cutoff with solid high hands like QJTTss if I think the blinds are playing even remotely tight. Is this standard, or am I trying to play too fancy?

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Dave - Interesting idea. Has that been working out well for you?

I'm very interested in the specifics. I imagine the way you play hands like this is highly opponent dependent. Is that right?

Do you open with a raise from the cut-off position whether there are limpers or not? If so, does it depend on who the limpers are?

How often does it get around to you in the cut-off where nobody has come in ahead of you?

What do you do on the next betting round when you have not gotten a very good fit with the flop and anybody left in the hand checks to you?

What do you do on the next betting round when you have not gotten a very good fit with the flop and somebody bets into you?

What do you think a good flop fit is with this starting hand? (I imagine that is at least somewhat dependent on how many are in the pot with you).

I have usually been playing hands like this one as cheaply as possible from the cut-off position - in other words playing this hand as pulling hand and wanting customers for the roughly one flop out of four where I think I might have a good or decent flop fit with this hand against multiple opponents. (But it's very rare in my games for nobody to enter the action ahead of me when I'm in the cut-off seat, although I imagine that might change at least somewhat if I usually raised when I entered the action from the cut-off seat).

Buzz