View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 12:58 AM

Default Re: A unique \"fear\" of playing

I feel the same way, but when I sit down it usually disappears after a few minutes.

It's like everytime I sit down to play I perceive everyone at the table to be total sharks that are going to destroy me. What I continually find shocking is that often times the majority of the players are downright awful.

I played in a $125 sit n go at the WSOP and when I first sat down, I was nervous and perceived all my opponents to be great, after a few hands, I was in awe.

Sample:

Under the gun raises 3xBB, next player reraises all in (50BB), button goes all in, under the gun calls.

Under the gun has Ah5h???, next player has QQ and Button has aces. Of course, the queens won. I was shocked to see it wasn't even as tough as my $3 STT on Stars.

Next hand I'm in the cutoff with QQ and the guy to my right raised 3BB, I reraised to 9BB and he pushed on me. I was thinking I had ran into a cooler when I made the call for all my chips. He turned over Qd10d...WTF?

I saw the same crap when I played in the main event of the WSOP in 2006.

Sometimes I get that nervous feeling when I've won a few pots in a row and then I keep getting good cards and start to fear a suck out coming because people are going to think I'm raising with junk.

I also feel this way when I have had a pretty good win. I guess I fear losing it all back.

I've been thinking I need to start doing crazy S.hit like sky diving and bungy jumping so playing poker will feel like a walk in the park.