View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Re: would Jesus have been good at poker?

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is a major beat. all religious people are stupid (as they believe in an imaginary creature).

We'll he's not imaginary, he lived on this planet a while back. Let's say that Jesus was just a man, nothing more. I'll bet that you know very little about him. I'll also bet you know the lyrics to a million songs but cannot recite one qoute from Jesus. Even if his story is all B.S., it's an amazing drama. He was a political rebel and an outcast. He was guilty of no crime and was brutally killed anyway. He had heart, courage and conviction...I like that. If Jesus were alive today He would be exactly the type of person I would want to surround myself with. Someone that is generous, honest, helpful and truthful are the making for a great friend. If you read any of his parables I dare you to find the fault in them. You can't because they are perfect. Organized religion just like man can be corrupt and wrong. It's in our nature, we can't keep from putting ourselves first. Just because I don't like all the things that religion does, doesn't mean I'm going to reject the truth. It shines like the sun and is just as reliable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the nature of telling people to take things on faith as opposed to logically reasoning them out what causes religion to be a breeding ground for corruption, misuse, and unfortunately war?

A lot of what Jesus says makes sense, not because it's the word of Jesus, but because there's a logical reason for it. Religion is the opposite of teaching people how to fish. Instead of showing people how to logically rationalize what's right and wrong, they're taught to take things on faith - thus left wide open to be mislead by misinterpretations of this so-called will of God.