Thread: JJ vs 26/12/3.5
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: JJ vs 26/12/3.5

IMHO this is a committment issue. With the way that it is played, you have SPR ~6.4. Not a bad place to be, but depending on villain, I might like to get this a little bit lower, say raise PF to $5. Then if/when he calls SPR is ~4.5, but this also helps narrow potential range and gets hero into committment range if flop is favorable.

With this flop, which I do think is favorable based on a call on the higher raise, we have to consider over-pair vs set (less likely, but would fit) vs overcards with diamonds (AKd...though the K falls on the turn, hero doesn't know that at the time, AQd, maybe AJd). Assuming hero is not facing over-pair or set, I would then charge heavily for diamond draw on the flop (figure 10-11 real outs if villain is playing overs with diamonds). I think a reasonable bet would be 80% to pot. At that point, hero is committed, and you let the chips fall where they may, unless you have a strong read that the villain was playing for the draw and hit it on the turn, at which point you need to re-evaluate your committment, or villain is tight enough that he is only calling with over-pairs PF or the set / over-pairs on the flop, at which point a fold might be the best option...very read dependant.

Might have made this hand a little easier. When this turn card hits, it sets up for a lot of tough decisions (pair of kings, flush, draw to straight, bluff) and IMHO, Jacks are hard enough to play as it is.

Fammy

P.S. other line that I don't think is terrible, but I don't like as much is call miniraise PF and see what happens on the flop, but this can get the hero into a lot of trouble as well.