View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 01:06 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: Jackpot coming to Venetian

[ QUOTE ]
I just can't stand it anymore...every time there is a discussion about "how to improve the V" the first and usually only idea is, "Put this game or that game on the rail".

ARE YOU PEOPLE KIDDING ME?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dear Professor Clueless;

I am writing in response to your recent post on two plus two.com. The subject appears to be how to get more business for the poker room at the "V". To increase business, you need new players and new players come from the rail.

Trying to attract players from other rooms is fine but you the player that you are most likely to get is not the type of player you really want. If they are more concerned about the comps than gambling, your games will suffer.

The tourist, that has seen poker on TV and plays in a home game is often intimidated by the poker room, after all most are walled off and many uninformed people will think they need permission to enter.

A poker room the has a large rail area and uses it properly will be more successful at attracting new players.

Sincerely;

Steamboatin