Thread: $22, TT Bubble
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: $22, TT Bubble

the problem here is the amount u raised. u made it $600 which left u w/ $1985. if the button makes the call there will be $1275 in the pot.

i'm assumin u gonna bet the flop regardless of what comes. a c-bet is usually from half the pot to pot-sized. let's say u bet half the pot on the flop ($650) and the button then pushes. now the pot will be $3910 and u'll have $1335 left behind u. r u really gonna fold then? gettin 3:1 on ur money? knowin the history on the player and that if u fold u'll be left in last place? i know i wouldn't. and that's only if u bet half the pot on the flop. if u bet more then u'll be gettin way bigger odds and pretty much have to call anyway.

my point is u should've raised a smaller amount preflop so u left urself some room to fold or just plain push and try takin down the $375 in the pot already.

as played u gotta think about it this way. he minraised u and is now givin u almost 4:1 to make the call. so u definitely shouldn't fold ur TT w/ those odds. but even better think about this. if u push and he calls u gave urself 2.4 to 1 (do the math urself). the important thing about those odds is the followin: if u put ur opponent's range at AA, KK, QQ, JJ, or AK u only need 2:1 to make the call w/ TT. u have better odds than 2:1 and ur prolly way better than one would think b/c as u describe this player his pushin range is prolly wider than these 5 hands.

so answer u lookin for is PUSH.