View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

[ QUOTE ]
I do not claim to be an expert...and everyone on this show is a lot better than me (even JG). But someone explain to me why you would re-raise with a straight flush...

It obviously worked, because Sammy called the reraise by DB...but it would never cross my mind to reraise on the turn here. Someone help me with this one!

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the point of having a straight flush that only wins you a small amount of money. If Farha has a set he's probably calling to try and draw out. If he's got a strong flush he's probably at least calling (and might even move in with something like the nut flush). If you wait to the river it might seem fishy, but more importantly the board might not pair, or another club might come making Farha's hand even weaker. Weak to the point of not calling any bet.

Farha could have had the A of clubs. In which case he'll probably call a decent sized bet on the turn drawing to the nut flush. If the river is not a club he wouldn't call anything.

There are lots of situations where Farha is putting money in on the turn, but wouldn't put anything in on the river.