View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 06:03 AM

Default Re: a hand vs PA, 200/400 HU

[ QUOTE ]
hi,

little late in here. What you say about PA C/R the flop all the time is consistent with my view of how he plays. also he continues with almost his entire range on turn. I have never played anyone who has such high frequency in this. its pretty amazing that he will contiune to do this pot after pot after pot....

One thing tho: He tends overplays hands when stacks get deep. From what ive played and seen of him he doesnt adjust when the stacks get deep. That said he will bet any flush, 6, 4, and bluff.

I dont know what to do here... probably fold but i would be very curious...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nezzar, if PA is routinely overplaying some hands when stacks get deeper, couldnt this tactic make him much tougher to play (even though it should be a leak). Especially at HU nosebleed stakes online, because most players are never going to be comfortable with the stakes in the first place.

And by being know as somewhat of an over-player isnt it going to force ppl to play much bigger pots in many more marginal spots often OOP. At stakes where they are not entirely comfortable in the first place.

If they adjust by looking up multiple streets too light PA is obviously going to profit but on the other hand if they allow him to run the game over and take down a majority of small pots then PA crushes anyway. Maybe Im stating the obvious but it seems something you mention as a hole in his game just makes him infinitely more difficult to play HU or extreme shorthanded.

It just seems whatever you do PA is forcing you to play his match, by making you adjust to him and by controlling most hands.