View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Re: can pokerstars sue me...?

[ QUOTE ]
not th response i was looking from yo guys seem to be more interested in punctuation and no i havent spent 8000 did i say that friggin hell i spent 3k and its was 3k of the overpayment i asked the same question as another forum and got some good responses last time i use this forum i was after a few theories and get people who are crying about punctuation as if you guys are royalty or somethning later adn thank you to the people who actually replied a proper answer

[/ QUOTE ]

[IANAL but this is my understanding of how payment errors are handled in the UK]

If you agree that they overpaid you then should contact them, explain you're poor and have spent the money and work out a payment plan. Even if its like $25/month for the next 10 years they'll might go with that, which should be within your means.

If you refuse to pay, they can take you to court. The money you spent wasn't yours. The fact that you didn't notice the extra money and spent it is your problem, not theirs and they are entitled to have it back.

Provided you show you are willing to pay the money back over a reasonable period (taking in to account your personal circumstances) a court would be satisfied with the way you're dealing with it, so the site won't both persuing you.

green_tea