View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Rebuying/Reentering in Sahara daily tournaments?

Hi all,

I was going to Vegas with a friend and looking to play some lower buy in (but good structured) tourneys. Planning on the Sahara $62 and the Orleans noon tournies (as per the advice in another thread here). Some digging on the net about the Sahara showed that the sahara was a $42 with one $20 rebuy that everyone takes, so essentially that's a $62 tourney.

However, I found some other site that said something about alternates for the Sahara, and that players who bust out can re-enter, but their names would go to the end of the alternate list. What I was thinking with this is there would be enough tables opened to accommodate everyone, so there wouldn't actually be a waiting list, thus that rule would make the tourney like a (maybe more expensive) rebuy.

My questions are then: was that other web site correct about being able to re-enter (or is there actually a waiting list, so people can't plan on rebuying), and how it plays in terms of acting like a rebuy or no-rebuy tournament.

I'm going late this month (during the WSOP) if that makes any difference either way number of participant wise.

Thanks,

Shane