View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: What\'s for Thanksgiving EDF? (planning & trip reports)

cts: A friend of mine once MADE a turducken. Pretty crazy, having to debone and put back together all three birds, but wow, it was great. Ordering is probably the way to go, though. For a real treat, try deep-frying a turducken.

Boris: WTF, no pictures of the finished roulade? Had you mentioned the flan, I might have reconsidered my insistence of having turkey on Thanksgiving.

All: I was in charge of turkey, stuffing and gravy (made both a brown gravy and white milk gravy). Brined as described above, put in a bunch of aromatics, and had a delicious 11 pound turkey done in 2 hours! Made some cornbread stuffing w/ celery, onions, chestnuts, apples, and sausage in it. Yum. Other stuff we had - brie/crackers, salad w/ avocado and other good stuff, yams w/ brown sugar, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green beans, and apple pie (that was good but not as good as Boris' awesome pie) for dessert. Whitehall Lane Belmoscato (sweet wine) with the cheese/crackers, Testarossa Pinot with dinner, and 21yo Balvenie Portwood after dinner!