View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Proper etiquette for dealing with someone that is busto

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok, someone owes me money. This originated on September 6th. The guy that owes me money has gone thru some tough times, but how long would you give someone that owes you say, $500.........Who here would consider themselves 'rolled' if they havent been paid back as of today?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this applies to "dude you made a bet with on an online message board"

i recall reading somewhere that the old school/private games rules are the busted gambler is not allowed to play in any game you are in until he repays you or gives you a marker with set payment date and a rate of interest...if he can't pay the marker by the agreed date, he is not allowed in any game you are in....thus, its best to get a marker any time you lend....that way you can get help from others who know the person that owes you by showing them the delinquent marker and asking them to not allow the debtor into any games with them....at least, this is how i understand private games & close knit high stakes games work...re: public cardroom games i don't know if you can keep someone from playing at low stakes, but making others who are regulars to you cardroom aware of your debt might influence a dead beat to pay up or at least cut off the dead beat's credit

[/ QUOTE ]