View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread:*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what other types of collusion are going on as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Collusion? You make it sound like an illegal and bad thing if I were to talk on AIM with another player about what I do against a specific player. What about Krantz, Whitelime, and FWF all playing together at the same computer against one other player headsup, is that collusion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, thanks for the confirmation.

Not illegal according to site T&C's, and not bad for you and the player you're corresponding with, but certainly bad for the players you're discussing. I just think there's a significant difference between sharing/discussing strategy & tactics to be used against a certain type(s) of player and those to be used against a certain player. It's a bit unethical, to say the least.

Further, there's nothing to stop you from sharing your entire "exploit book" with someone, and I'm sure you/others do. There's also nothing to stop you from doing so in real-time, as tough spots arise during a session, and I'm sure that goes on too.

In other words, "I'm sure you're just discussing pierogies and snow and [censored], but it's just English at the table." (sic)

And to answer your question, of course it is. They couldn't play 3-on-1 if they were playing heads-up live. Of course, that's the risk one takes with online poker. Maybe they were playing against 6 guys.