View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Things that annoy you about live poker.

Chain smokers- While I was dealing the other night there were 3 middle aged women (they were all related) who smoked for 4 hours straight non stop, no exaggeration. They were buying cigarettes for like $8 a pack at the bar every time they ran out.

Players at anytime asking for deck changes, especially in tournaments where the tournament staff is actually dumb enough to allow deck changes upon player request.

People who constantly let everyone know when they know any nickname of any hand. Example- TT2 flops and 5 out of 9 people simultaneously saying "Who's got the DOYLE BRUNSON hand, TEN DEUCE, hyuck hyuck hyuck!". I think I have yet to see a board at $1/2nl containing a ten and deuce without someone mentioning it.

People who ALWAYS have to be reminded to post their blinds (seems like almost everyone).

People who only show one card at a time during a showdown, especially when they have a winning hand and intentionally show a meaningless card first or when they are afraid of being out kicked on a pair and hesitate to show a kicker.

People who stack their chips like they are insane, like people who have a dozen stacks of 10 instead of making just a few normal size stacks, they take up a ridiculous amount of space.

Obnoxious people who scream and jump around like they won the lottery when they hit a freakin' 2 outer on the river against me in a lame $100+15 tourney (same tourney where they were changing decks in the middle of a levels, taking like 10 minutes doing so).

Taking 30+ seconds to think about a 2xbb raise pretending to get a read on some old lady or drunk guy at $1/2nl.

I could go on forever......