View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just emailed UltimateBet point them to the relevant topics concerning PotChipper. i don't know what sort of a response to expect, but i asked for any information that may help us determine whether they are the same person without violating the user's privacy. we'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not going to get a damn thing from UB. what dont you people get about the fact that AP owns UB.

you know what scares me more than the superaccount itself? it's the ignorance of the douchebag who used it, in the way that he used it. not only was he telling the final table he was going to "put everyone to sleep one by one", he plays 99% of his hands, only folding when a big pair is dealt and makes the most ridiculous correct call in poker history on top of it.

this is one of the decision makers of two of the biggest poker rooms on the net. how do these imbeciles get these positions? very scary stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

even more worrisome to me is the fact that if indeed there are other superuser accounts out there, i'm sure the operators aren't that completely dumb and are a lot better at cheating and are going to be MUCH harder to detect.

for example, if there was a superuser 4 tabling 5/10 lhe and is using the account to up his winrate from 1 up to 2.5bb/100 then he's skimming another $60/hr off AP clients. bump this up to 30/60 and change the winrate from .5 up to 1.5 and 4 table, sitting quietly making an extra $240/hr w/o anyone being the wiser because he's smart enough to no have astronomically high win rates. just average win rates that he wouldn't be able to pull off w/ the super account.

that is a big one of many reasons i'll NEVER play there again, no matter what comes out of this.