View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - AP and UB ownership puzzle

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding the charity: This is not about how effective charities spend money. If popcorn is being sold for charity, the money should go there. While some of the $10k might be wasted on administrative BS, it sure as hell will do the world more good than sitting in Scott Tom's dirty pocket. It is garbage like this that AP must make right if they want to clean up their very tarnished image.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. But it is quite reasonable for Absolute to deduct from that $10K first for their expenses and overhead, unless you have some documentation in writing that 100% of *gross* proceeds from the popcorn was going to charity. And possibly that deduction was exactly equal to the gross proceeds. And if not, it could quite reasonably be 90-95% of the gross proceeds. And, like I said, by the time the money that is left gets to truly needy recipients... well, go give some random needy child $100, and you will likely be doing more to help the world.

But I'm just feeling cynical, I suppose. If you can get Absolute to pony up the $10K, go for it, and I will thank you for the effort.