View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Re: If you\'ve wondered how long it takes to move up...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't read it overall, but what I can say is, that it took you way too long to move up. Which means you have fundamental lacks in your game or you just are not talented in such things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree as everyone has a different comfort level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it very interesting that some people move up at lightning speed, for better or worse, and others hang back a long time.

I personally move up at a snail's pace, because I was a very marginal winner for a long time and I absolutely hate breaking even for weeks or months. When I switched from limit to NL, I decided I was going to not beat but completely crush my current limit before moving up. This way, I guaranteed I'd be at least a slight winner at the next level, and I would rarely ever have to move down (I hate that too).

The downside to moving up more slowly is that it costs money. I am quite sure I could beat the next level or two to some degree, but I choose to try and improve every facet of my game at my current level rather than make more money with a lower winrate. I am essentially avoiding a lot of frustration (which leads me to -not- play poker anyways) at a slight cost, and I'm happy this way for now. I've also read stories of guys who blazed through small stakes up to the highest limits in a year and a half or less. So we must find our balance between sanity and money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]