View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Moral dilemma/car dealership help? (a little long)

All,

There seems to be a lot of hostility toward car dealerships in general here. A lot of "F--- The Man" attitude, and I can atone for car dealerships screwing over other people by sticking it to them in this scenario. Thing is that I don't care about what they've done in the past. I want to find the balance in this situation and this situation alone.

I don't feel responsible for them accepting a car without title. I wasn't 100% sure before I made this thread, but I was pretty certain that it was the dealership's responsibility to make sure the title was in order before shipping the $$$. I also think $1500 or something around there is out of the question. However, I do feel bad for wasting their time, after the fact. Bottom line is they did waste effort trying to get a hold of me and trying to get me to cooperate. Do you really think the fact that it wasn't my fault that the ordeal came about in the first place absolves me of the fact that time/effort was wasted in the midst of this ordeal? I've been wrestling with this question all night and I still can't come up with a well-reasoned answer.

I expect a company like BMW to assume I'm an idiot and take the necessary precautions. However, I don't think it's on them to assume I will be a prick going forward.