Thread: The Übernit
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: The Übernit

[ QUOTE ]
one thing I noticed with this style is it seems like it would be higher variance. My normal style is 23/17, and much of my profit comes from winning lots of small pots. Raising atc in LP and taking it down with a cbet, calling in pozz and steal the pot post flop, stealing blinds, etc. So I'm playing smaller hands in smaller pots and getting away when the pot gets bigger than my hand. With this style, I was running at about 14/11, and entering pots with only big hands. So most of the pots I played in I had a big hand and was usually betting 2 or 3 streets with it, and playing for stacks quite a bit. Just seemed a bit higher variance since I was playing mainly in 3 bet pots with big hands I was willing to felt with.

[/ QUOTE ]

so the cliff notes are, if you play really tight, you end up playing a lot of bigger pots therefore there is higher variance.

but you kinda ignored the fact your edge in these hands is probably much greater (in an equity sense). So this isn't necessarily true.

It's also obvious that you'll have to have bigger average pots when you play less hands.