View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 AM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

I seem to believe Stars knows the answer to all of their questions and the inquiry is complete. I think it is more of a decision of how they proceed PR-wise. It is lose-lose for them the more they make public unfortunately.

If they let him keep the money there will be a backlash, and much trust will be eroded because clearly there is no way to explain this situation away.

If they seize the money, it is bad because people feel threatened by such a huge seizure from an esoteric situation as seen byt most casual players. It is not like he was sharing holecards with someone at the final table and Stars can proudly proclaim "we got 'em"

There is definitely politics behinds their decision as well. Teltscher is a genuinely unlikable guy and has many enemies. If it were somebody like Ted Forrest in the same situation, it is doubtful his funds would be confiscated. the whole issue would be played down.

I certainly don't envy the position of pokerstars' PR dept. right now. If I were them I think you have to sweep it under the rug as much as possible at this point. I'm surprised they even replied here.