View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Professional No Limit, My thoughts.

[ QUOTE ]
The lack of addressing anything substantive about poker or my thoughts on the book is sad and shows how this site has degenerated.

I should have never bothered to try to have a productive discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll go against the grain of other posters in this thread and say thank you for starting a new thread. While this forum has a ton of clutter (all asking the same question over and over again), occasionally, separate threads are necessary once they become too long and too "all over the place". Other forums do it, so why can't this one...though usually the moderator starts it or grants permission. Perhaps that was the way to go.

Anyhoo, to call PNL not very good needs to be taken in context of the reader. The more advanced players may see it this way, but the average reader (myself included) do not. NLHETAP suffered from the same stigma. I'm not sure you can really produce a revolutionary NLHE book anymore. It's not like the days before TOP when concepts like semi-bluffing, implied odds, etc. are brand new. Too many players are good enough to already understand SPR.

But, to us mere mortals, it's good stuff. Vol. 2 will introduce more concepts and/or expand on ones already presented. I look at it like Vol. 1 is a basics, and vol. 2 an advanced version.